Thursday 11 July 2013

Let Them Eat...What?

Hey guys, a quick post today. Let's jump straight to the photos!

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

This is HARE Polish 'Let Them Eat...What?' from their recent Marie Antoinette inspired collection. 'Let Them Eat...What?' is a soft white crelly filled with bright orange, baby pink, white, and gold glitters of different shapes and sizes. The bright orange and baby pink are an unexpected combination that work surprisingly well together, and I love the way the orange pops. My photos show 3 thin coats and I had no problems with application.

Bottle shot

I do have one gripe though, and it seems to be a common issue with all of the 'Last Queen of France' collection (or at least it has been with the 3 polishes that I've tried from the collection so far). The polish is cracking within about 24 hours of application. Normally this wouldn't be much of a problem, but since I use a PVA base coat to make glitter removal easier it means that water is able to get to the PVA when I wash my hands, which causes it to re-moisten and peel off my nails. You can just see on the right hand side of my index nail where it has started to crack and peel. I absolutely love all of the polishes from this collection that I've tried so far, but unfortunately I don't know if I'll wear any of them again because of their short lifespan. And I desperately want to wear them again, they're beautiful! I has a sad :(

Has anyone else had this problem with the 'Last Queen of France' collection? I've been using Seche Vite as a top coat but I might try Poshe next time I wear one from the collection and see if that makes a difference. Let me know if you've had a similar problem and know how to fix it!

1 comment:

  1. I love the combination. It's put together nicely :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)