Saturday 6 July 2013

Fantasy Fire

Sorry sorry sorry! I know, I'm a terrible blogger! Life has been hectic and I had to get a new laptop which doesn't have Photoshop on it yet so I wasn't able to edit any photos for awhile there. I've managed to get photos edited for a few posts though so I'll try and have them up shortly :)

Today I have another photo-heavy post for you. Yep, it's another duo-chrome. Most of you will be familiar with this sought-after polish, 'Fantasy Fire' by Max Factor.

Lamp light

Lamp light - no camera flash

Lamp light - no camera flash

Lamp light - no camera flash

Lamp light 

I very rarely buy drug-store brands (OPI, China Glaze and Essie are NOT considered drug-store brands in Australia), but 'Fantasy Fire' is so widely acclaimed that I had to grab a bottle when Priceline was having 40% off some months back.

'Fantasy Fire' takes about 4 coats to create full opacity on it's own, so I recommend layering it over something. I've layered 2 coats over China Glaze 'Man Hunt'. I'm not entirely sure that I love 'Fantasy Fire' as much as everyone else. In some lights it was stunning, shifting to a purple-red colour. In other lights I thought it was pretty gross, going a strange browny-green shade. Blerk!

Bottle Shot

What do you think? Do you own 'Fantasy Fire'? Love it or hate it?

4 comments:

  1. I personally love Fantasy Fire. I've never had a browny green shade before, it's probably just because of the base you used. I've never had a problem layering it over Revlon Royal, Black or OPI Eurso Euro.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe it was just the base. I thought Man Hunt would be on par with Royal though, they're very similar :/

      Delete
  2. I had the same experience you did! Everybody loves Fantasy Fire but I have to turn my nails just right or it looks gross. So glad I'm not the only one, thanks for your pure and honest opinion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol well now I'm glad I'm not the only one!

      Delete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)