Friday 14 December 2012

Holly Jolly Holiday

I've been tagged by Elissa at Lissa's Polish Addiction to partake in a new Christmas tag questionnaire. The idea was inspired by some youtubers that Elissa has been following. I love questionnaires for some bizarre reason, so I'm more than willing to get in to the Christmas spirit and give this a go!

1. Do you start your Christmas Shopping on Black Friday or wait until the last minute?
We don't have Black Friday sales in Australia, so I can't really say that I start my Christmas shopping then. (On a side note, why is it called Black Friday?). Christmas tends to have a habit of sneaking up on me, so I usually leave my shopping until about a week before Christmas (although I'm on top of it this year for once!). Apparently working in retail for years has taught me nothing of the values of doing my Christmas shopping in advance lol.

2. If you could be in any Christmas move what would it be?
Oh boy...maybe How The Grinch Stole Christmas? I'd love to have an awesome hairstyle like Cindy!

3. Which do you like better? Christmas Eve or Christmas Day?
When I was little, I used to love Christmas Eve just as much as I loved Christmas Day. There was something about the suspense on Christmas Eve that was special. These days Christmas Eve isn't such a big deal, so I'm going to have to say Christmas Day, that's when all the action happens :)

4. When does your family put up your Christmas Tree and who decorates it?
These days it's just me and Dad living at home, and I'm not home half the time so the tree is lucky to even be put up. When we do put it up it's more for the sake of my 6 year old brother who stays over every second weekend. It's a little sad really since the Christmas tree used to be one of my favourite parts of Christmas, but we're both so busy it would probably stay up until July!

5. White lights or coloured lights?
Coloured. Definitely. Although white can have a clean, classic look. Hmmmm....

6. Are you guilty of peeking at your presents or do you like a surprise?
I don't peek, but I have a habit of guessing what my presents are, spoiling any surprises haha.

7. Would you rather live in a gingerbread house or in Santa's workshop?
Santa's workshop! Think of all the fun toys there, maybe he even has nail polish!

8. Tell us your favourite Christmas Eve traditions.
I don't have any. Is that bad? Working in retail I usually end up working Christmas Eve, so I don't get home until dinner time and then I just try and relax!

9. If you could be under the mistletoe with anyone, who would it be?
I'm going to have to say my boyfriend. Might get in trouble for suggesting famous movie stars haha.

10. What tops your tree?
Urrrr...well when the tree goes up I think it's a star? When we were little we used to have an angel that Mum made that went on top of the tree. I used to love that angel.

11. Can you name the 12 days of Christmas?
.......dum dum dum dum......dum dum dum dum...
FIIIIIIVE GOLDEN RIIIIINGS!
Four calling birds
Three french hens
Two turtle doves
And a partridge in a pear tree!

5 out of 12....it's not that bad right? Haha. Oh wait. I just googled it...turns out they're 'colly birds', not 'calling birds'. Fail. What the hell is a 'colly bird'?

12. Have you ever gone Christmas carolling?
I can't say I have. This questionnaire is making me sound extra Grinchy...

13. Do you count down to Christmas? If so, how many days are left?
As a kid I used to count down, mainly because I had one of those chocolate advent calendars every year haha. These days I tend to count down just the last week or so.

14. What are some foods and treats you can count on having every holiday season?
Plum pudding and brandy custard. Although I hate plum pudding so I usually just have a bowl of custard haha.

15. How has Christmas kept it's magic for you as you've grown older?
It's hard to stay a happy person over Christmas when you work in retail. Admittedly, it's the presents that keep me going *cringes*. That and the spectacular feast my Aunty and Uncle supply on Christmas day! This year the Aussie Nails Secret Santa has kept my spirit in check ;) Although I've vowed not to open my present until Christmas Eve!

Finally, the bloggers I tag are:
Tammy from Jibber Jabber
Jas from Jas's Blingtastic Nail Blog
Katie from Pretty Polish Please
Chantelle at A Polished Prance
Emma from Nails In The Desert

Let's keep the Christmas spirit going!

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)