Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas Obsession

MERRY CHRISTMAS! I must admit that some Christmases (is that a word?) I feel rather Grinchy. Not this year! I think this is partly due to the Aussie Nails group keeping my spirits up with talk of Christmas manis (thanks girls), and partly due to the fact that work wasn't anywhere near as busy this year as it has been in the past (thank YOU online shopping!). For anyone who works in retail, you'll know that Christmas time can easily become hellish.

Anyway, on to my special Christmas Day mani. Those of you who entered my giveaway earlier in the month will recognise this polish.

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

Full sunlight

Bottle shot

This is 'Christmas Obsession', a custom polish that I had Angela from Gloss 'n Sparkle make for me. I love it! I provided Angela with a big pile of word vomit trying to tell her what I wanted, and she managed to decipher it and delivered exactly what I imagined it would look like. She's a genius! 'Christmas Obsession' has fine gold glitter, small silver hexes, larger red and green hexes of varying sizes, and holo silver stars. Here I've layered 'Christmas Obsession' over Essie's 'Blanc'.

Speaking of the Aussie Nails group, we had a Secret Santa. The lovely Teneil from Shades of Phoenix was my Santa, and I LOVE what she gifted me with. The polishes from left to right are: 'Strawberry Smoothie', 'Pom Pom', 'Glitter All The Way', 'Techno', and 'Hello Gorgeous!' (plus a bunch of other fun goodies).


Also a special mention to my wonderful boyfriend who did an excellent (if not somewhat fluked) job of picking my present. 'Morning, Money Penny' and 'Swimsuit...Nailed It!'. I'm so proud of his taste in polish. I even got a massage voucher! This definitely beats last year's present of cake mix.


I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas. Don't worry about the diets, they can recommence on the 26th!

P.S. This was also the last challenge for the Aussie Christmas Nail Challenge. The theme was 'your choice', so this was my choice ;)





2 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas! That is a lovely polish, and wow what an awesome surprise from Secret Santa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful! Marry Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)