Wednesday 12 September 2012

Dazzling Dusk

Hello! I have to apologise, I've had this post ready to go for a few days but hadn't had time to edit my photos.

Today I have one of my new Gloss 'n Sparkle polishes to show you, 'Dazzling Dusk'. Angela from Gloss 'n Sparkle describes it as 'a warm shimmery pink with orange, pink and red glitters'. Boy is it pretty! I would describe the pink as a dusty/musk pink, and the shimmer through it is just lovely. The glitters are really vibrant when they catch the light, it really does live up to its name!

Unfortunately, the day I took these photos it was rather overcast, so you'll have to use your imagination a bit with the glitter (but when are glitter polishes ever done justice by photos, really?)




I added the ruffian because I wanted to bring out the red glitters a bit more. I wish I'd tried a ruffian before cutting my nails down though, it definitely looks better on long nails! The red I used is OPI's 'Wocka Wocka!'.

The consistency of 'Dazzling Dusk' is lovely and smooth, I had no problems with application and there was no fishing for glitters. It isn't too thick like some glitter polishes tend to be either. In the above photos I've layered one coat of 'Dazzling Dusk' over 2 coats of OPI's 'Got A Date To-knight', so I can't comment on how many coats are required for opacity. 'Got A Date To-knight' provided the perfect base for 'Dazzling Dusk', it didn't alter DD's base colour at all which I appreciated. All Gloss 'n Sparkle polishes are big 3 free too. Woohoo!

Lovely shimmer and vibrant glitters.


Bottle shot! (My boyfriend is particularly proud of this one haha).

Gloss 'n Sparkle polishes are available on Etsy here. I've also placed a link in my 'useful links' on the right hand side of my page so you guys have easy access in future. Polishes are $10AU for a 13ml bottle and Angela has some really unique shades available. Unfortunately due to legal reasons she can currently only ship within Australia, but she's working on a solution for those of you who live internationally. If you want to keep up to date with the international shipping situation I suggest you like the Gloss 'n Sparkle Facebook page for updates.

So there you have it, another beautiful polish from an indie polish brand. I'm starting to see why this indie polish craze is catching on, they're just as good as the big name brands! What are some of your favourite indie polish brands?

P.S. Gloss 'n Sparkle have 20% off all polishes until midnight Thursday 13/09/12 AEST. Just enter the code 'THANKYOU' at checkout. Get on it!

2 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is lovely..I have just ordered this with a few others of the Gloss n Sparkle, very excited to have it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love it! I really wish the sun had been out when I had my photo session, the glitter colours are so vibrant!

      Delete

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)