Sunday 22 July 2012

Crystal Caves

University classes start back tomorrow. Depressing. Where did the holidays go? I'll have to make an effort to keep posting as much during the semester as I do during the holidays!

Today I have a more natural design for you (with a bit of glitz of course). Tada!




The first photo is taken in full sunlight and the second photo is in the shade. I included the third photo even though it's blurry because it picks up some of the rainbow effect that the glitter has in the sunlight that the camera just refused to pick up when it was in focus. Blerhhh...

This is the first time I attempted a real french tip, and I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I used french tip guides (those slightly curved pieces of tape you use to mask off the tip of the nail) to get a perfect line. I got mine off ebay for a couple of dollars for about 500. I'll admit that placing the tape on your nails takes a bit of practice. It can be hard to get the curve even on both sides of your nail. I recommend using tweezers to place them on. As far as polishes go, I used OPI's 'Peace, Baby!' and 'Barre My Soul'. For those of you who haven't done a french tip before, place on your tip guide and do your white tips, then peel the guides off and do your nude colour over your whole nail (yep, even the tip).

To add some glitz (I may have been watching too much 'Toddlers & Tiaras') I did a coat of China Glaze's 'Fairy Dust' over the top and glued on some different sized rhinestones. I also got the rhinestones from ebay, they came with about 4 or 5 different sized stones in the packet.

For those of you starting back at uni tomorrow best of luck for the semester, and try and stay awake in your lectures. A trip to the campus lolly shop should cure that!

P.S. Thanks to my boyfriend for playing photographer today. I think he secretly had more fun than I did...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)