Saturday 7 April 2012

Victoria's Secret Stripes

This design is super easy to to do, even with your non-dominate hand as long as you take it nice and slow. You can use any colour combination, but I'm a sucker for anything pink so I've used OPI's 'Got A Date To-Knight!' and 'You're A Pisa Work'. A friend of mine later pointed out that my colour selection was reminiscent of Victoria's Secret.


To do this design you'll need a fine paint brush (available from newsagents and art supply shops). I'd recommend a size 0000, but you could get away with a 000. The finer the better :) You can also use a nail art striper if you have one (basically it's just nail polish/acrylic paint but with a fine brush specifically for this type of work).

Start with your base coat, and follow with your favourite shade (paint your whole nail). In this case I've used my lighter pink. Once you've let that dry for a bit simply take your brush, dip it in your second colour, and starting at the base of your nail slowly and carefully drag it towards the tip. You may need to go over the lines a second time to get an even coverage as you'll inevitably start to run out of polish towards the tip. I find that resting my pinky on something stable helps me to get a perfect line. Finish with a clear top coat and you're good to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love it? Hate it? I want to hear about it!
Have questions? Ask away!

Please note though that I will delete comments that aren't relevant (*cough* self-promotion *cough*). Thanks for understanding :)